The Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University has invited applications for its MA Economics programme for the academic session 2016-17
Following is a list of colleges provided MA Economic admission:
- Deshbandhu College
- Hindu College
- Indraprastha College*
- Janki Devi Memorial College
- Kirori Mal College
- Lady Shri Ram College*
- Miranda House*
- Ramjas College
- Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC)
- St. Stephen’s College
- Zakir Hussain College
(* Colleges for female students only)
- BA(hons.) Economics of University of Delhi, with 50% or more marks in aggregate.
- 60% or more marks in Graduate/ Post-Graduate degree in any other subject from University of Delhi or any other Indian University recognised by DU.
- Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply either by taking the entrance exam or by submitting their GRE scores.
An entrance exam will be conducted to select the candidates for admission. The minimum qualifying marks for admission in Delhi School of Economics is 40 percent. 50 percent seats are earmarked for direct admission of students who have passed BA Economics from Delhi University.
The entrance exam paper will evaluate the candidates on the following four basic areas in Economics:
- Microeconomic theory
- Macroeconomic theory
- Mathematical techniques used by economists
- Probability, statistics, and elementary econometrics
How to apply:
The candidates are required to apply at the official website; or click here and login/register.
Start date for online registration: 28 April 2016
Closing date for online registration: 24 May 2016
Source: India Today, Admissions and Entrance Exams.