edX.org is a joint venture of MIT & Harvard University offers free courses from leading institutes & professional bodies of the world e.g. MIT, Harvard, Berkley, IIT-Bombay, IIM-Bangalore, Microsoft and over 100 partners.
MicroMasters is an bundle of online course on edX that offers a subject specialisation, credits to use this online credentials towards an on-campus degree program. MicroMasters bridges the gap between education and corporations while providing learners with in-demand knowledge to launch or advance their career, or follow a pathway to an accelerated on-campus program.
MicroMasters courses on edx.org have no admissions requirements, and are open to anyone. Learners who successfully earn a MicroMasters credential online may then apply to on campus program that recognizes the MicroMasters credential. Once they are accepted at an institution that recognizes the MicroMasters credential, they can apply it toward a segment of the full Master’s degree program, reducing the time spent on campus and the overall cost of the program.
Shorter in length than a traditional Master’s program, the modular MicroMasters enables learners to begin down a path of advanced study in an affordable and flexible manner. MicroMasters are:
- Career-focused: Career outcome-focused credential, validated by top companies
- Pathway to credit: Comparable to one quarter to one semester’s worth (25-50%) of a Master’s degree.
- Faster: Entire MicroMasters takes about 3-6 months online to complete the work equivalent to a quarter to a half of a Master’s degree. Each course requires an online study effort of apx. 4-6 hours/week/course.
- Affordable: MicroMasters modules starts from apx. Rs. 9700/- course only. Each MicroMasters consists of 5-6 courses and a capstone project.
- Flexible: Offered fully online, on-demand or multiple times per year and can be taken at your own pace without disrupting your life.
edX has two MicroMasters programs, each with multiple courses, from IIMB and learners can enrol now in both of these programs, which start in January. – IIMBx MicroMasters in Business Management and the IIMBx MicroMasters in Entrepreneurship.
Learners can gain an advantage by learning the key business essentials through this comprehensive online MicroMasters program, covering all core management disciplines. Understanding the managerial context of decision making is critical to being a successful manager. The course aims to provide the learner with the learning pathway to develop core competencies across six management disciplines:
- Operations Management
- People Management
- Business Strategy
The course is open for enrollment now and will start on January 5, 2017. The course will take about 42 weeks to complete (if the learner works 4-6 hours per week per course). The cost is apx Rs.9700 per course and it is available in English with video transcripts in English and Hindi.
Through this MicroMasters program, learners will gain the knowledge needed to take the plunge to become an entrepreneur and imbibe management skills to administer early days of your venture. This program benefits not only aspiring and present entrepreneurs, but also those who are in companies and would like to engage in intrapreneurial activities. Some examples of key skills covered in the program:
- How to identify and evaluate opportunities
- How to develop the idea through customer interactions
- How to use the Lean Canvas to document the progress of your venture
- How to employ techniques to overcome risk and take the plunge decision
- How to manage your venture efficiently using toolkits and skills in areas of:
- People Skills
The course is open for enrollment now and will start on January 5, 2017. The course will take about 36 weeks to complete (if the learner works 4-6 hours per week per course). The cost is apx. Rs.13,000 per course and it is available in English with video transcripts in English and Hindi.
Click here to start learning on edX