Apart from the regular Children/Widows of Armed Forces Personnel quota, this year, Delhi University will make way for children of Indian Army men, who have “boarded out” due to injuries suffered in a war, in this year’s admission process. This clause will give seats to wards of those army men who had to walk out of the force due to medical reasons.
“The move of providing reservation to wards of those militarymen who have suffered a medical injury and had to opt out of service should come as a relief to DU aspirants who were earlier not included in the ambit of reservation of ‘Children of War’ category,” Gurpreet Singh Tuteja, deputy dean of Students’ Welfare and a member of the admission committee told India Today.
Here are the guidelines for application:
- All applicants seeking admission to various undergraduate programmes of the University of Delhi will have to register online as per schedule notified by the University.
- Five percent (5%) of seats are reserved for applicants under CW categories, programme-wise in all colleges.
- All the CW applicants have to upload the Educational Concession certificate in the enclosed format to be issued by any of the following authorities on the proper letterhead.
(i) Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, Delhi.
(ii) Secretary, Rajya Zila Sainik Board.
(iii) Officer-in-Charge, Record Office.
(iv) 1 st Class Stipendiary Magistrate.
(v) Ministry of Home Affairs (For Police Personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards)
- Admission may be offered to the Children/Widows of Officers and Men of the Armed Forces including Para-Military Personnel, in the following order of preference:
(i) Widows/Wards of Defence personnel killed in action;
(ii) Wards of Defence Personnel disabled in action and Boarded out from service with disability attributable to military service;
(iii) Widows/Wards of Defence Personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to military service;
(iv) Wards of Defence Personnel disabled in peace time and Boarded out with disability attributable to the military service; and
(v) Wards of serving/ Ex-servicemen personnel including personnel of police forces who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards;
- Gallantry Awards include: Param Vir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal, Maha Vir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Uttam Yudh Seva Medal, Vir Chakra, Shaurya Chakra, Yudh Seva Medal, Sena, Nau Sena, Vayusena Medal, Mention-in-Despatches, President’s Police Medal for Gallantry, Police Medal for Gallantry
Online Registration: 22.05.2017 to 12.06.2017 (As per the schedule applicable to all categories)
Verification of documents: 16.06.2017(Friday) and 17.06.2017 (Saturday), 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Issue of Provisional Admission Slip: 20.06.2017 (Tuesday)
Admission by the college: 20.06.2017 (Tuesday) to 22.06.2017 (Thursday)
Verification of documents: 23.06.2017 (Friday) to 24.06.2017 (Saturday) 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Issue of Provisional Admission Slip: 27.06.2017 (Tuesday) 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Admission by the college: 27.06.2017 (Tuesday) to 28.06.2017 (Wednesday)
Verification of documents: 29.06.2017 (Thursday) to 30.06.2017 (Friday) 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Issue of Provisional Admission Slip: 03.07.2017 (Monday) 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Admission by the college: 03.07.2017 (Monday) to 04.07.2017 (Tuesday) 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Verification of documents: 05.07.2017 (Wednesday) to 06.07.2017 (Thursday) 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Issue of Provisional Admission Slip: 08.07.2017 (Saturday), Time: 10.00a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Admission by the college: 08.07.2017 (Saturday) to 10.07.2017 (Monday)
Verification of documents 11.07.2017 (Tuesday) to 12.07.2017 (Wednesday) 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Issue of Provisional Admission Slip 14.07.2017 (Friday), Time : 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Admission by the college*# 14.07.2017 (Friday) to 15.07.2017 (Saturday)
Document verification and issue of provisional admission slip to applicants who have not reported on the above dates subject to the availability of seats: 17.07.2017 (Monday)10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Issue of Provisional Admission Slip: 18.07.2017 (Tuesday) Time : 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Admission made by the college/s: 18.07.2017 (Tuesday) to 19.07.2017 (Wednesday)
- Verification of documents & Issue of Provisional Admission Slip at Conference Centre, near Botany Department, University of Delhi, Delhi-07
- After approval of admission from college, the applicant has to log on to the undergraduate admission portal to make online admission fee payment. This may be done till 12:00 noon of the next day of the given admission list deadline.