The Delhi University has invited applications for its free coaching classes for postgraduate admission tests for students of Economically Weaker Section (EWS/BPL,) SC, ST, OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), Minorities, PwD (EWS/BPL only).
The varsity plans to hold free classes for PG entrance examinations in five disciplines — English, Law, Mathematics, Physics and Zoology — for a duration of about two weeks, the university registrar said in a release.
The press release states, “The University of Delhi is committed to the academic empowerment of the weaker sections of society. To achieve this goal, the University has launched a programme of free classes for the entrance examinations to the various post-graduate courses. This endeavor is in its second consecutive year now.”
1. The candidates will be provisionally admitted to the ‘DU Pre-Entrance Summer School 2017’ till they complete the application procedure by applying online for the PG Entrance Examination at University of Delhi website, www.du.ac.in.
2. Application Form for ‘DU Pre-Entrance summer School 2017’ may be downloaded from the Delhi University Website (www.du.ac.in).
3. Application forms will be accepted at ILLL [Opposite SGTB Khalsa College, DU North Campus], DU from Wednesday 31 May 2017 to Monday 05 June 2017 – 02:00 pm to 05:00 pm. Tuesday 06 June 2017 – 10:00 am to 02:00 pm. (Sunday – Closed).
4. Since seats are limited, there will be display of list of candidates selected for the admission in all the five disciplines: 06.06.2017 (Tuesday) by 05:00 pm.
5. Tentative dates of start of the classes:
07.06.2017 (English, Law) 09.06.2017 (Mathematics, Physics, Zoology).
The Pre-Entrance classes for all the disciplines will be held in the DU North Campus. The Time & venues will be notified in due course.
6. A nominal fee of Rs. 100/- will be charged for registration at the time of submitting the application.
7. Since seats are limited, admission will be on a first come first served basis.
Source: DU website