- This event has passed.
TEDxDTU, Delhi Technological University
April 18, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 7:00 pmRs.1000
An exhilarating event, TEDxDTU is happening on 18 April at Delhi Technological University from 11 AM – 7 PM. TEDx events are locally organized conferences licensed under TED, a non-profit organization devoted to ideas worth spreading. It features renowned speakers from across the globe, under the theme “Deconstructing Perceptions; Reconstructing Identities” to make for a stimulating experience.
“TEDxDTU returns to Delhi Technological University after 4 years. We are innovating at the best level according to TED standards and look forward to deliver a promising event.” quotes Angad Grover, Curator – TEDxDTU.
Catering to the huge enthusiasm, TEDxDTU invites registrations until 7th April on its website www.tedxdtu.com/register/
Few speakers include great names like:
• Mr. Rajiv Mehrotra – An Indian writer, television producer-director, and documentary film maker. He is best known as the former acclaimed host of one of India’s longest running talk shows on public television, “In Conversation”.
• Dr. Ashok Seth – He is a Padma Bhushan recipient and the current Chairman of Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi and Head, Cardiology Council of Fortis Group of Hospitals. His contributions in the field of Cardiology, especially Interventional Cardiology have been recognised extensively in India as well as across the world.
• Mr. Anurag Batra – He is the Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of exchange4media group which includesexchange4media.com, PITCH, IMPACT, Realty Plus and Franchise Plus. Since the turn of the century his enterprise has been successfully consolidating their stake in a niche yet competitive segment. He is also the Chairman of Business World Magazine.
• Mr. Aaron Friedland – Founder and Executive Director of The Walking School Bus, an organization which aims to help students worldwide access education. His personal experiences in conjunction to his work at UN Watch opened his eyes to myriad barriers to education including poverty, distance to school and lack of nutrition.
• Mr. Taru Dalmia – Also known by his stage name ‘Delhi Sultanate’, he is a Delhi-based poet and hip hop/dancehall MC who also happens to be an academic historian and social activist.
• Mrs. Ritu Marya – She is the Editor-in-Chief for Franchise India Media, a group company of Franchise India. She leads the editorial desk which comprises four business magazines including The Franchising World, Retailer, Estate World and Small Medium Entrepreneur.
• Mr. Roger David – Better known by his stage name Bohemia, he is a Pakistani-American rapper,
songwriter and record producer from California regarded as the first ever Punjabi rapper.
• Alisha Abdullah – India’s first female national racing champion, created history when she became the first woman to secure a podium finish in the VW Polo National Cup.
• Vivek Jindgar – Global Head, Pre Sales & Solutions – Apps Modernization & Cloud Enablement at HCL Technologies.
The organizer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow them on:
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a non-profit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or fewer) delivered by today’s leading thinkers and doers. Many of these talks are given at TED’s annual conference in Vancouver, British Columbia, and made available, free, on TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sal Khan and Daniel Kahneman.
TED’s open and free initiatives for spreading ideas include TED.com, where new TED Talk videos are posted daily; the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as translations from thousands of volunteers worldwide; the educational initiative TED-Ed; the annual million-dollar TED Prize, which funds exceptional individuals with a “wish,” or idea, to create change in the world; TEDx, which provides licenses to thousands of individuals and groups who host local, selforganized TED-style events around the world; and the TED Fellows program, which selects innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.