About the program
UE Media Fellowship is one of its kind, exclusive program for aspiring influencers, budding writers, bloggers, media professionals, photographers and journalists to improve their skills, publish content on a highly scaled platform and get mentorship from industry experts.
How will the program look like?
- We hand-pick 50 talented students who are currently studying in college and are passionate about journalism/digital content.
- As a fellow, you undergo a training module for a week before you’re exposed to create engaging content on the web.
- You’re mentored by our ex-fellows/ content team virtually on a daily basis to help you sharpen your skills.
- Post your fellowship, you’re provided an opportunity of full-time internship or job opportunity to any of our partners/clients.
- Over the years we have built a pool of 400+ fellows who have got first hand exposure to content creation and are pursuing their career at some of world’s biggest organizations and following their passion.
How this Fellowship will transform you career choices?
We, at UE have always believed in the industry exposure more than that of theoretical knowledge. Encapsulating our experience of over 6 years in the youth segment for education, skill building and growth we bring to you the best possible platform to channelize your skills.
The learnings will not be limited up to classroom trainings, but they would also involve on-ground experience of your respective subjects of study. Getting to work with industry experts you will not only give you an insight for laying your foundations but also anticipate the challenges that you face.
What’s in the store for you?
- Learning and practical knowledge of on-ground journalism.
- Mentorship and training from our mentors/ instructors/ editorial team.
- Exposure to one of the most read campus platform.
- Chance of networking and exclusive internships/ placement.
- Certificate of successfully completing the fellowship program.
- Letter of recommendation to best performing fellows.
- Free/ discounted tickets to our events.
- Chance to be a part of one of the most exclusive and trusted youth community.
- Location: Virtual/ Remotely from campus
- Part Time: Weekly and monthly meetings compulsory
- Batch size: 50
- Period: 6 months
- Students from any university based out of Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Pune & Bangalore can apply.
To apply: Fill this form to apply for the fellowship – http://bit.ly/uemediaf. For any query, drop a mail to email@example.com.
Why join UE?
- Be a part of a diverse team comprising students from across India and a strong Alumni network – from organisations such as Google, BCG, Citi Group, McKinsey, Bain & Co, DE Shaw, Big 4 and institutions such as Yale University, Oxford University, LSE, University of Delhi, IIMs, JNU, MIT (USA) and more. We’ve proud of the fact that many change-makers and entrepreneurs have emerged out of our organisation!
- Gain hands on experience on how organisations function. Take charge, learn new skills and hone attributes, such as digital marketing, content writing, leadership and so on
- We work hard and party harder! You will make friends and memories for a lifetime!
- We have dedicated mentor-ship programs where you not only gain experience but are also exposed to the guidance of experienced professionals in the field of digital media (ex-India Today, BloombergQuint, The Hindu, Times of India, LBB etc.)
Life at University Express!
Our mission is to transform university journalism. Most of the folks at UE are young, dynamic and change-makers, hence we are quick, hard working and accept all the challenges that comes in our way. We believe in the fact that ‘work hard and party harder’ – hence you’ll expect a strong startup culture here where ideas are appreciated and fun comes along with work. We’re particular in terms of policies & protocols and believe in building things from the scratch with full ownership of the given responsibility.
Every year hundreds of talented students graduate from our internship and career building programs in the field of digital journalism, digital marketing, creative writing and business management/ entrepreneurship. We are proud to have a network of over 400 alumni who are currently absorbed by global giants such as Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, Big 4s, IPG, BCG, DE Shaw, The Hindu, Bennett & Coleman, HT Media or are excelling in the field of entrepreneurship. Many of our alumni are associated with institutions like Yale University, JNU, University of Delhi, IITs, IIMs, Oxford University, MIT (USA), LSE to name a few.
To know more about us, visit: https://www.universityex.com/about/