We are pleased to inform you that Asmat NGO has opened applications for the Summer Internship Program-2017. This is the seventh intensive program wherein the selected interns, guided by the Asmat Core Team at all stages, would plan and implement sessions in Soda along the following themes- Financial Awareness and Functional Literacy, Health and Hygiene, Governance and Policy Awareness, and Holistic Non- Academic Education for Children. If you’ve always felt strongly about development and the debates surrounding it, now is your time to contribute, and play an active role. Now is the time to switch from empty talk to focused action.
To apply, head to BIT.LY/Asmat17
Last date to apply – 19th February 2017
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Asmat is an NGO founded and run by students of Delhi University. It aims to bring about a concrete change at the grassroots level via youth mobilisation. We have adopted the village Soda in district Tonk, Rajasthan. We have been working on various socio-civic issues such as education, governance, and gender sensitisation since October 2013 under the guidance of the Sarpanch, Ms. Chhavi Rajawat who is the first woman Sarpanch in India with an MBA.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The group of interns will be involved in the planning stage of the program starting from March 2017 through regular meetings with the Asmat team in Delhi. For fourteen days in June, the interns will be living and working in the village and implementing their program.
Tenure: March to June 2017. Planning will begin in the month of March immediately post selection. Field work will take place for 14 days in June.
- Accommodation and food shall be provided at the Sarpanch’s residence or Eminent College for Girls in Soda at nominal costs.
- Interns will be required to carry their own bedding and any medication that they might need.
Here is what some of the previous interns and Asmat Core Team members have to say about the program.
“Asmat has taught me the difference between talking and doing, broken my perception about a lot of things and brought me back to reality. It’s an unmatched experience and unparalleled learning.”
– Aditi Dhir, Intern- Asmat Winter Program 2016 and Core Team member
“Asmat crossed my path when I, a homesick child, was struggling to find my place in college. In Asmat, I discovered not only about grassroot realities and problems, but also about myself. Asmat gave me a perspective and a vision for my future. Words just don’t do justification with my experience of interning with Asmat.”
-Taranjit Kaur, Intern- Asmat Winter Program 2016 and Core Team member
“Muddy shoes, fresh perspectives! Asmat made me realize the bubble of privilege that we, a very small fraction of our country live in, and ultimately what matters is what you do with this information. No matter how much you debate and discuss about it, until you see the immense disparity in rural and urban India for yourself, it will never hit you. Asmat ignites within you a fire to work more and gives you a sense of purpose.”
-Gitanjali Kamra, Intern- Asmat Winter Program 2016 and Core Team member
“I walked in with my heavy heart, trippy feet and worn out tools. Asmat embraced me rapturously and told me it was time for me to rise again”
– Pulkit Bajpei, Intern- Asmat Winter Program 2016 and Core Team member
Being a part of the program will:
- Lead to a first-hand understanding of issues at the grassroots level.
- Help redefine reality of village life, highlight the problems faced and solution possible, specifically solutions that students can be a part of.
- Give the students an opportunity to dwell upon the field of development and have questions answered by an eminent personality working in the field.
- Being part of a network of like-minded youth and a budding youth organisation.
- Certificate of volunteering given by an NGO registered under the societies registration Act, 1860 and Letter of Recommendation if exemplary work during the program.
- Working towards the development of a village under the guidance of first woman Sarpanch in India with an MBA – great addition to your resume.
- Train Tickets (to Jaipur)
- Cost of bus from Jaipur to Soda
- Accommodation and food at nominal rates
To apply, you need to be 16 years or older. We require parental approval from those below 18. We are open to interns from any stream or course. Please note that you will be required to research intensively and plan creatively for the various areas you will work on in the village.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please fill the form here: BIT.LY/Asmat17
Please note that APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 11:59 PM ON 19TH FEBRUARY 2017
In case of any queries, please do not hesitate to contact:
Pulkit Bajpei- 9044278082
Maitreyee Misra- 9654806171
Queries can also be mailed at email@example.com.